County Clerk

Once an individual is convicted of a felony, their right to vote is suspended until the imposed judgment and sentence is discharged by the State of New Mexico Corrections Department and the County Clerk’s Office Bureau Of Elections receives a copy of the official Certificate of Discharge. By law we are unable to process any voter registration application or request for change until we receive a discharge certificate.  

Options to submit a discharge certificate:

1. Fax a copy of your official Certificate of Discharge issued by the New Mexico Department of Corrections with a written request to re-instate your voter rights to (505) 468-1293; ATTENTION: Bureau of Elections

2. Email a copy of your Certificate of Completion or other documentation to

3. [Stop by our office with your certificate of discharge and ask to have your voter rights re-instated.] - The Clerk's Office is currently closed to the public due to the coronavirus public health emergency.

Please call (505) 468-1291 or email with any questions. 

Powered by Real Time Solutions - Website Design & Document Management